Friday, May 28, 2010
Garage again... nearly finished.. :)
Hi all, sorry it has been so long since my last post.... Here are 4 posts..... showing a bit of a kid art update and our progress on our garage project.. :)
Alan our super cool contractor ordered us some "grown up lego".. a.k.a. cement landscaping bricks so that Eric and I could do some landscaping to retain our bank... The wall Eric is standing next to is behind the garage... We hauled each super heavy cement brick one by one up the make-shift chicken run bridge to the back of the garage. (see pix below) It was hard work but Eric and I sure had fun...
The other wall next to the garage is going to eventually be steps leading up to the top of the garage. (Eric and I still have heaps of work ahead of us to get this finished so stay tuned)
Here is the finished garage!
Yep the door is going to stay red.. (well the color is really called "Salsa".. Alan teased Eric and said that it is more like "Watermelon"...:) We hope that it will not fade to pink with the sun... but remember we wanted to match the front add-on so we used the same colors... and our front door is red.. :) I guess we decided to do the Aunty Chris thing and go for color! :)
The builders have completed their part and now we need to get the yard tidy and start the process of making the yard pretty again...
We are also busy painting the inside "Rumpus Room" and bathroom..
I will put up pix of the inside rooms when we are done.. The plan is to finish painting the inside this weekend.. The yard and the rest of the outside painting will have to wait because we have been having some yucky winter rainy weather and the forecast calls for more of the same..
Comments:
<< Home
I'll leave the first comment this morning. At first I didn't get the chicken run thing, but I see the 2 x 6 boards going up the hill in the pictures. Wow, that is a lot of work. It looks good. Will the garage door stay red?
There is a lot more room in back of the garage than I thought. It looks like it is built into the hill. Thanks for the pictures.
Hugs and Kisses - - Aunty Gail
There is a lot more room in back of the garage than I thought. It looks like it is built into the hill. Thanks for the pictures.
Hugs and Kisses - - Aunty Gail
Your garage and rumpus room is awesome. After asking you for progress photos for the past few months we finally see the progress and sure do like it. I can see myself now just sitting on the deck and watching the ships go by as well as the rest of the world..
Wow, what a lot of work but you guys sure do deserve it. It will be so nice for you Anna to be able to but up guests without having to have the girls give up their bedrooms. And Eric to have a workroom for his many projects.
Gail is right about more room in back of garage than just built into the hill.
Thanks for the blog and pictures
and keeping us updated.
Love Grampa Ted
Wow, what a lot of work but you guys sure do deserve it. It will be so nice for you Anna to be able to but up guests without having to have the girls give up their bedrooms. And Eric to have a workroom for his many projects.
Gail is right about more room in back of garage than just built into the hill.
Thanks for the blog and pictures
and keeping us updated.
Love Grampa Ted
Brilliant stuff.. love the look, layout and the deck on top.
Great stuff Reynoldsez!
Love yah!
Ken, Robin, Mhari and sprog-to-be
Post a Comment
Great stuff Reynoldsez!
Love yah!
Ken, Robin, Mhari and sprog-to-be
<< Home

