Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Advent Day 15 - Canyoning on the South Island

Just got back from a three day Men's outing on the south Island. It was fairly intense. We went to Queenstown which is in the lower central area of the South Island. Surrounded by amazing mountains, it is the undisputed center for extreme sports. The first professional bungy jump was here and is still running today. These are pictures of a bunch of computer nerds "canyoning". It's a bit of everything. Absailing, flying foxes, repealing, swimming in freezing water, jumping off of cliffs into tiny deep pockets of more freezing water. It was tons of fun. The water was just above freezing as it is runoff from the mountain ice packs. Four of the guys had just turned 40 over the last three months, so this was sort of a extended birthday party for them.
The next day we road quad bikes for a few hours all over this amazing valley just East of Queenstown. And on the last day we played 18 holes of golf. We were pretty horrible. Thankfully, we had booked a Monday morning so there was almost no one else on the course. It took about five hours to finish.


Comments:
You guys are totally awesome. I can't really remember my forties, but I think it took me about 6 hrs for me to play 18 holes of golf. I guess that is why I got the trophy for most strokes.
Waiting for more Pictures of your adventures.

Grampa Ted
 
Wow - great jump Reynolds. That water looks very cold. I could pick Athea out in her dance video. Thank her for standing up first, so we could see her.
I love having the videos.
Love Aunty Gail
 
Swimming with the whales looked lik a heck of a lot more fun than diving into a bucket ice water or fixing my plumbing under the kitchen sink = Love - Grandma D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?