Saturday, December 20, 2008

Advent Day 20 - Last Day of School before Winter Break.

Happy Advent Day 20!! (it is a longy we had a busy day!)
The girls and I woke up early and caught the light rail train out to Aunty Gail's house. She picked us up at the station and brought us to Hillcrest Elementary School. We were invited to Faith and Erin's class for the last day before winter break skating and caroling party.

When we arrived Faith and Erin's teacher Amy welcomed us and we got to sit and listen to her read us a story.

We then went to the auditorium and sang christmas carols with some of the other classes. The music teacher Janet was really fun. (here is Faith, Athea, Haidyn and Erin, I tried to capture them singing Rudolf)

After singing we all went to the ice skating arena nearby and had a super fun ice skating party. They had free rental skates, donuts and lemonade ready for the kids.
This was the first time my girls ever had a chance to be on ice skates. They did a great job for the first try. =)
Athea spent most of her time on her bottom =).
Haidyn learned from another Dad at the rink to take little steps.. This advice helped her gain confidence to try to skate on her own. (funny I told her the same thing but it seemed to stick coming from another parent.. =)

^ Litte steps... (see Athea in the background)
Here is the whole group.

Erin and Faith are true Minnesota girls because they sure know how to ice skate. They are so cute! =)
Later that night after school Faith and Erin's Girl Scout "Brownie" troop met and went caroling at the nursing home. Haidyn was invited to go along too. (she is a Girl Guide "Brownie" in NZ)
After caroling the Girl Scout "Brownie" troop met at a parents house and had an ice cream treat and played games.
For Gail's christmas gift she wanted someone to paint her new bathroom. So while the girls caroled away. I stay behind at Gail's and painted. Now her walls are "friendly yellow" instead of winter primer white. =)
Today it is snowing again, we may go out and go sledding and more shoveling for me. (funny I do not miss the shovelling =). Grandma Jo's bus was cancelled due to the bad weather but we are still hoping that the Montana Reynolds will still be able to make it out on Boxing day. (the 26th)
The really great news is that my Dad is feeling better! He is finally not puking his guts out and has color in his face =) He even drove the car yesterday! He will see the cardiologist on Monday to make sure everything is still ticking the way it should!

Comments:
Thanks so much. I felt like I was really there!! I'm sure those little New Z. girls will soon be able to skate well...a little practice, then a little more and so on. :) They are good dancers, so they are naturals. Love. GJ
 
Wow, sounds like you are all busy busy!

Our power was out here for a couple of hours and we have one heck of a snow storm headed our way...

yes I am in Vancouver and not Toronto!

go figure!
 
Wow, what a blog! What good looking girls I have. I am so proud of you Haidyn and Athea for learning how to ice skate. If we move back to Minnesota you can do that 9 of the 12 months out of the year on Granpa's swimming pool.

love, dad (eric)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?