Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We sure like stories together.

Reading Captain Underpants with Dad. Tra la la...

I went to a fundraiser for Athea's preschool at the local Children's bookshop last night. The owner gave a talk about the importance of reading together and keeping reading fun.
He pointed out that it is the most intimate cozy cuddle time you get to spend with your kids as they get older.. that reading together should not stop when a child learns to read..
Well we sure love reading with our girls.. and the owner of the bookshop is right, it is a nice cozy cuddle time... and especially so with a comfy cozy Daddy..

Comments:
What is "Captain Underpants"? Sounds like porn to me. The girs sure look like they are enjoying it.

Grampa Ted
 
To Grandpa Ted...Of course it is not. It's just that kids go crazy everytime they hear the word "underpants". Try reading Dr. Seuss's ABC book and come to the "U" page with a class of K or 1st graders! It's a hoot. JR
Anna, I was waiting for the kichen. :)
 
I forgot to tell you how good those three look. I just want to grab them all...even the one I don't see. Love, JR
 
Dad - I have a bunch of Captain U'books to show you. My girls love fairy books Anna introduced them to.
JR - you'll be happy to know all my girls are finally reading at grade level.
Anna - Great blogging job.
Eric - you look so relaxed reading to the girls. They are growing up so fast.
Athea and Haidyn xxoo from all of us.
Aunty G.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?