Monday, November 24, 2008
Lloyd, woooo weee do I have a mountain for you!!!
This past weekend I went on a trip with about 12 other Moms from around the area.
My friend organized a ladies weekend away from the kids. She rented a bus, drove, arranged lodging, food, and transport to and from the highlight of he trip... The Tongariro crossing
http://www.tongarirocrossing.org.nz/
At one point we were walking through the clouds... a big dark cloud rolled in, it got really cold and it was really hard to see. Luckily this cloud passed on by..
A rescue helicopter was flown in to rescue some hikers. (luckily it was not for us, but at that point I would have taken a ride out =)
Sneak peak at the kitchen... Eric was really busy while I was gone. He finished mudding, sanding and did big chunk of painting..
My friend organized a ladies weekend away from the kids. She rented a bus, drove, arranged lodging, food, and transport to and from the highlight of he trip... The Tongariro crossing
http://www.tongarirocrossing.org.nz/
This is a pretty famous NZ trek through one of the volcanic crators. It is a 19.4 K (about 10 mile) hike, recommended for fit hikers and takes about 8 hours to finish.
The 12 of us went and 4 of us were the "lucky last" slow ladies... we helped each other get to the end.
The 12 of us went and 4 of us were the "lucky last" slow ladies... we helped each other get to the end.
At one point we were walking through the clouds... a big dark cloud rolled in, it got really cold and it was really hard to see. Luckily this cloud passed on by..
A rescue helicopter was flown in to rescue some hikers. (luckily it was not for us, but at that point I would have taken a ride out =)It was a great hike, and now I never have to do it again! I am a wee bit sore and have a whopper of a blister on one foot. Eric wants to take his Dad when he comes to visit...
Sneak peak at the kitchen... Eric was really busy while I was gone. He finished mudding, sanding and did big chunk of painting..
Comments:
<< Home
Such an awesome adventure dear Anna. Congratulations on a vacation well done!!! I'm sure Lloyd will enjoy the pics as soon as he comes home. He went to a concert and then to his mom's this afternoon. Love...Oh, Eric, I know what wonderful work you do. I'm glad the girls were able to help you (by allowing you to work!)Love to you all...G. JO
wow wow wow!!! Just wish I was a wee bit younger and would have a chance to check out Tongariro crossing in person. I would be the one that the rescue helicopter would have had to rescue. But I guess I will just have to enjoy your pictures.
Grampa Ted
Grampa Ted
Kids, It does sound like a fine hike. I'm starting to think of taking another one tomorrow(Hunting) Your a real trooper Anna.
If you do enough work at home Eric we will be able to hike when I get there. Love you all, DAD
Were those ten miles in one day?? I may need to condition more.
If you do enough work at home Eric we will be able to hike when I get there. Love you all, DAD
Were those ten miles in one day?? I may need to condition more.
Anna - On my next visit, we'll have to do that hike. So you may need to do it one more time. It looks beautiful. Especially the Emerald pools. Glad you are safe.
I love the door in the kichen with the side window. Haven't seen something like that before, but what a nice way to let a little air in without having the door open.
Kitchen looks very nice.
Love Aunty G.
I love the door in the kichen with the side window. Haven't seen something like that before, but what a nice way to let a little air in without having the door open.
Kitchen looks very nice.
Love Aunty G.
Wow Anna that is a crazy big mountain. Congratulations on making it. Maybe I will have to try it one day.
Wow Anna that is so great! Way to get out there and do something like that! You are an amazing woman!
Congrats , I don't think I would have made it! I'd probably still be up there crying or throwing rocks!
ahaha
xo
you rock woman!
Post a Comment
Congrats , I don't think I would have made it! I'd probably still be up there crying or throwing rocks!
ahaha
xo
you rock woman!
<< Home








