Sunday, September 14, 2008
Ski Weekend









I know it has been a long time since my last post. I guess I needed to get my head around being back in New Zealand. I had such a fantastic time when I was back in the States during the summer that I just did not feel like taking pictures and painting a pretty face on my back in NZ winter blues... until...
Our big ski weekend up at Whakapapa.. (pronounced fuka papa.. =)
Our good friends out here Justine, Nick, Piper and Wiley organized a ski weekend up at the volcano that is about 4-5 hours north of Wellington.
We had a beautiful weekend, the sun was shining and the snow was great. (Which is really awesome because the last time we tried to ski up there the slopes were closed due to wind.)
We signed the kids up for a lesson together and they took their first glides into the world of winter ski sports. On my end it was a ton of work to keep track of 2 beginner skiers and needless to say, I did not get a chance to even put on my rented skis. =) But despite all the extra "Mom" work involved (i.e. fixing boo boos from falling, re-fueling little tummies, appling sunscreen, carrying all the gear, finding lost children, running to the toilet umteen times, warming toes, lifting heavy kids, calming overly tired wee ones ect..) we all had a blast.
The kids did great, they lasted about 2.5 hours on skis and then opted to just "play in the snow".
Later that night we made cheese and chocolate fondues and enjoyed wine and a nice warm fire.
Perfect ski weekend!
Comments:
<< Home
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of the ski weekend!!! Among all your other responsibilities, Anna, I see you were also the photographer. Love to you all....Lloyd and Joanne
I think I have a picture of Anna on skis when she was about 7. I'll have to look for it and scan it in. :-) Great snow/ski pictures. I just heard that the flowers are a blooming in Australia, (down under). So that means it will be spring soon for the Renoldnz. As we drift off into our 45 degree mornings and highs of 60. Shorter days and longer nights. I like that the girls will go to bed at 8 and the birds are not chirping at 5 am. But I love having it light out until 9:00/9:30 and I'll miss that until it happens again. Take care. Gail
Awww man, I feel so sad for you. You sound so lonely and overwhelmed and you just had a chance to refuel! I miss you Anna, you need to get back on the IM!! XOXO Kate
I've been looking for posts for a while. I'm happy to see a post from you. We're supposted to have a high of 80 degrees today, with the rest of the week being nice also. Woo-Hoo!!
Keep posting........
Love,
Ruth
PS My Mom just left today for a seven day tour of the New England States. She was very excited to go. Bernadette (my half sister-in-law) was paying for the trip. They are also going with my half sister Lois and her two grown daughters.
Post a Comment
Keep posting........
Love,
Ruth
PS My Mom just left today for a seven day tour of the New England States. She was very excited to go. Bernadette (my half sister-in-law) was paying for the trip. They are also going with my half sister Lois and her two grown daughters.
<< Home

