Friday, September 26, 2008

Gifts from afar and poetry...

Athea got 2 cool packages in the post for her birthday. The first one was from my parents and I captured the moment on video... My mom cleverly put numbers on the 4 packages, Athea immediately but the gifts in order (well backwards) and started opening up the goods. (Blogger now allows video uploaded straight to their site and it actually has been working! so ta da you get some home movies to enjoy.. I did notice that the picture blurs and then goes into focus quite a bit.. that is not your eyes it is the camera operator or the camera.. who knows .. it is not the best quality but I put the video up because I thought my mom might enjoy seeing Athea open her awsome gifts....=)

The other came from Grandma Jo, Pa Pa and GG Olga... this I sadly did not have a chance to capture on video... they sent a really cool cookie baking kit with cookie cutters shaped as letters... this came all the way from Montana. Athea is thrilled and can hardly wait to get to baking in the kitchen. (maybe this weekend

Haidyn has pajama day at school today and also has to recite a poem in front of the whole class. She has been practicing it all week. It is a poem that she picked out of a poem book.

Maybe she will not get nervous if she visualizes all her classmates wearing their PJs.... hmm not hard to do... (I crack myself up =)

Enjoy! Have a great weekend..


Comments:
Hi - You're right. I did like watching Athea open her presents. Noted the cat got bored and slowly walked away. First time I've seen Puma move - otherwise he's sleeping.
The poem is lovely, Haidyn.
You do such a nice job of reciting it. Bet all your classmates enjoy it too.
Love, Grandma D & Grandpa
 
I loved seeing Athea and Haidyn in action. I also enjoyed hearing Mom in the background. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Aunt J
 
Athea, you had 2 great birthday parties. What a way to become 4 years old!!! Haidyn, I love your choice of poetry. It made me realize how very grown up you are becoming. It made me realize how much I miss you all and all the growing up you are doing without us. Perhaps even your mom and dad are...:) Love, GJ and Papa
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?