Saturday, December 15, 2007

Good Friends! - Advent Day 15

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a picture of Haidyn and her great friend Lenka. They found each other when Haidyn was still at Worser Bay School. They are both absolutely goofy around each other and no one seems to know what they are playing, but THEY do, and that is one of the sad things about changing schools. Haidyn still gets to see Lenka a lot, but alot isn't the same as EVERY DAY at SCHOOL!

Lenka and her family are from Serbia. Marijana, her mom, is an amazing cook. Sinisa, her dad, always has a nice scotch for me when I come over. We have had dinner over at their house a few times, and many play dates. (I am at work during those.)

Their home is where I found my girls when I went racing off to find them because there was a convicted axe murderer who escaped from the prison, (we have a prison on the north end of the Miramar Peninsula), and the police had blocked off an area where they thought they had seen him, and that area, and that time of day, was the area and time of day where Haidyn had art class. I am hearing all this over the internet at work, and think, I'll just go check and see how things are going. I also knew Lenka was in the art class, so when I saw that I couldn't get to the actual art school, and I couldn't get ahold of Anna to find out what was going on, I thought I would just go to Lenka's house and maybe someone there would be able to clue me in. And there were my girls! Running and playing. Whew.


They caught the axe murderer a day later at the ferry terminal.

My girls know three serbian words:
"Do videnja" (doe-vey-jen'-ya) means good-bye. Athea yells this at them as we leave their house.
"Ĩokolada" means chocolate.
"sunce" (soon-say) means sunshine.

The pronounciations I typed are how the girls say it. They may not be totally accurate. (In case you run into a Serbian and want to try one of these words out).

Comments:
"It's a small world after all". We as parents, grand parents, and great grand parents sure do love this time of the year. Tis the season to be jolly. Thank you Anna and Eric for helping with it.
We sure do enjoy and love all the the kids.
 
So now we get an adventure story starring our relatives! I'm so glad that you checked, Eric and that you found everyone safe! We love you sooo much...all four of you and even your furry pet. (sight unseen). Teke care. Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?