Monday, November 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandma Jo!


Today is Grandma Jo's Birthday! We sure do love her!


BOO!

Since Halloween is a bit "low key" around these parts, Eric's work had a "trick or treat" party for the employee kids. They had set up a maze to follow around the offices and the kids got treats at each desk. They ended with a party in the main conference room with Scoobie Doo playing on the big screen. Later that night we went to a BBQ at the neighbors. We had about 2 treaters at our house the whole night so we have a TON of candy leftover..

Today is Grandma Jo's B-day and it is also "Guy Fawkes day"... This is a bigger holiday around these parts.. I do not know much about it except there are fireworks and bonfires for burning a "Guy Fawkes replica"

Our neighborhood celebrated the Guy Fawkes holiday early and had a big bonfire and Guy Fawkes making contest Saturday night. We decided to go and watch what it was all about this year. It was pretty fun, kind of like a small burning man festival. Next year we will have to enter the contest and make our own Guy Fawkes/burning man.



When it got dark the Guy Fawkes(s) were set on fire and then they had fireworks off the beach.

Comments:
After seeing Eric';s costume, I'm going to assume you are going to have alot of Christian interventions!!

Your girls look adorable as usual! Guy Fawkes was HUGE in the UK too. My Mom came to England on Nov 5 last year and it was 2 days of constant fireworks! It was cool!

I like the effigies! Very cool!
xo
v

ps sorry for no blogging lately.. i'm so busy packing unpacking.. but i always have timet o read your blog!
 
Happy Birthday Grandma Jo. I think Anna put a big thing about Guy Fawkes last year, but danged if I can remember that. I just like the burning of the dummies and fireworks. Cool.
Gail
 
Happy Birthday Grandma Jo!

Awesome in the costume department. I'm going to have to agree with Vashti. Repent or be banished.:)

Guy Fawkes, very cool. Always heard, never been.
 
Back in the world of reading blogs and making comments. Trying to figure out how to run a new computer really sucks. As you may have heard our computer took the easy way out so I had to replace it. Windows Vista sure doesn't make it easy.
Anyway Happy belated birthday to Grandma Jo and sure nice being able to read the blogs again

Grampa Ted
 
That looks like so much fun Anna. The photo of the figures on the beach could be an album cover...

Hope your eating all that "extra" candy.

xo
Lisa
 
To answer your comments on our blog, yes we are loving the house, but I am a little sad about how long it's going to take to get it to the point where I feel like I can have people over! The neighbours are friendly but non-intrusive and quiet. Perfect. And yes, the electrician paid us an emergency visit and fixed the phones. And what the hell is "Guy Fawkes"??
 
Okay, I just read the text - BURNING statues of people??!! That just sounds weird, scary and morbid...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?