Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Imagination, Inspiration and little fixes..

Happy October everyone!! My favorite month!!

We are in week 2 of our spring holiday break. School will start up again for Term 4 next Monday. In the mean time we have been playing a ton of dress up around here... Haidyn and Athea have been playing really well together. Athea has finally reached the stage where she can play imagination games. It is really cute. Today they are both princesses. (I am listening to them while I type) Haidyn lives by the sun and Athea lives by the sea. One has a house on the big chair and one has a house on the couch. It is really sweet. =)

These are two kitties taking a bath..



We have also been busy doing a few projects around the house. Not like the Scott's but they have been our inspiration.. =) (see the Scott's blog if you want to know what they have been up to)

Anyway we had the outside of the house pressure cleaned and guess what I found on the kitchen window after.... a paint chip from our windows that now need a paint touch up=). Hooray!!
On the brighter side, this is not an ordinary paint chip, take a closer look... (must be a bit home sick.. some people see the virgin Mary in objects.. not me, I see Minnesota =)

I just finished another curtain for our bedroom window, so I can finally take down the sheet =)
I only have one more window to go.. (maybe I will get it done with-in the next year.. Hey Scotts keep up the blog inspiration because I am already tired of this fixer upper stuff =)



Eric on the other hand has not lost the inspiration.. (he amazes me with his stamina)

He has put in some new lights and a new "mixer faucet/tap" in the bathroom. "Water mixer" taps (where you can make warm water) like central heat, are a rare item here in NZ. Not many sinks or tubs have them. I do not understand why.. I personally really hate washing dishes or my hands in HOT HOT HOT or COLD COLD COLD water.. =)

Eric wants you to know that the bathroom faucet is a "quick fix" until he can replace the whole sink. The girls could not turn on/off the water and when they did they could only use COLD COLD COLD water. This "little" temp fix has been huge and has made my life soooooo much easier. The girls can now wash their hands and brush their teeth with warm water and with out my help with the faucet. A little bit of independence can be nice.
Notice that the left old "cold tap" is still in place. It does not work any longer but we do not have the correct tool to remove it.. and if we did remove it there would be a big hole where is once was... so.. it stays for awhile.. to fool our guests.. =)

Eric has also just put lights in the attic and is starting to clean it up and lay down particle board on the floor so we can have a nice place to store things up there. (another nice thing that makes life easier for me =) This takes a bit of time because in the process he wants to make sure that he documents where the wires and pipes are located and wants to make sure they are all orderly, labeled, tidy and sorted.

Eric has big plans for major kitchen/bathroom remodels and again the Scotts have made him itchy to get started. But me.. I am happy with the "small" fixes.

Comments:
Rabbitz to America! We have some projects when you get guyz get bored! Cement laying, foundation fixing fun!

My boys would love to play with your girls! They were imaginatively fixing their pop up house yesterday!!! i was impressed...as they've never had the imagination that haidyn has had. we love you guys!
 
That is the state of MN. I can't believe it. Mom works in mysterious ways. As for dress up. Eric, you are so cute in that tutu. But no matter how hard you try, your feet do not fit into the glass slipper. I guess you are not Cinderella.
Have a great week. Love Gail
 
Maeve says, "Look at those cutie pies in the bath."

I say, "Look at those cutie pies in the bath"!

hahaha looks like the Scotts are lighting fires under everyone! I'm itching to do some painting soon too! I'm not going with the Scotts' favorite muter purple.. no , we are heading right up Barbie pink alley! woot!
 
Nice reno's Reynodlzes!

Hey, why not take that old tap out and use the hole as a toothbrush holder?

So... in New Zealand does Eric have to use the hammer in the other hand?

Great work... the girls look hilarious. Write down some of their stories Anna... future kids books / animated series for Eric to work on.

Luv yah guys!

Ken, Robin and Mhari
 
It's fun to read about you family!
S. Joyce
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?