Monday, October 22, 2007

Rooting for Renovation Man Reynoldz.. ;)

MONDAY MORNING FUN******************


This morning the sun was shining brightly, Eric got the girls dressed, packed a little food and we went out and had a breakfast picnic on the beach.

We were out for a bit and the wind shifted instantly and all of a sudden we got a bone chilling gust of southerly wind from the Antarctic. Brrrrr.. We packed up and went inside. It sure was fun while it lasted! =)

WEEKEND Halloween Fun ******************
Over the weekend the girls and I decorated the house for Halloween! Our container of Halloween decorations was one of the items that PaPa and Grandma Jo helped us ship over earlier this year. We are practically the only house in the neighborhood with Halloween decorations and we have had fun with them. Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Halloween....

Home Renovations*******************************
I heard scurrying in the roof when I woke up the other day and thought with dread,.. "oh nooo we must have rats in the attic." It turns out we have a bird making her own home renovations in the corner of our roof..... Eric is not too happy, but I will take a bird over a rat any day... =)

Now to give you a bathroom update (this would be day 16 if you are counting)

We STILL do not have a functioning bathtub/shower in our house. It is a pain but we have survived. During the week the girls and I have used the showers at the swimming pool and Eric has been showering at work.


I was able to bring our dirty clothes to a drop off laundry so we now have clean clothes. (this was really cool, you drop off your clothes, come back a day later and receive them back clean and folded.. I could get used to that =)

Our good friends Nicola and Ian returned from their 7 week trip back to the UK last Thursday. Even though Nicola was jet lagged to the gills, she offered to have the girls come over to play at her house on Saturday so we could get some work done on the bathroom. Since Eric works at his "other job" during the week he did not get as much renovating done as he had hoped. So he was totally THRILLED with Nicola's offer to have the girls!

It IS amazing what you can get done without kids. =)

In about 5 hours we were able to install insulation, drywall on the ceiling and 3 of the walls!


When I picked up the girls Nicola offered to let me use their shower (which was great because I was the one installing the itching insulation) and to top it all off she had prepared a take away dinner for us to enjoy back at home! What a friend!!
We did get some work done during the week. We had the electrician in to finish off the RCD/GCFI sockets. While we had the wall exposed and he was available. We had him prepare the electrical for our future kitchen renovation. (I hope it was smart thinking on our part =)
The cement board is now up and we are ready for the plumber to run the water for the tub. He will be coming over this week sometime.

So things are SLOWLY moving along, we still need to sort out what we are going to do with our bathroom windows. Eric had a builder come over on Sunday to pick his brain about what can be done. The builder lives in the neighborhood and kindly offered to come over to give Eric some advice.

While he was over we found out that he was the guy who actually updated the bathroom that we just demolished.... oops..

To make small talk Eric asked the builder about who he was "rooting for" during the world cup rugby finals. (The world cup Rugby finals were Sunday morning..) Not a big deal right?? but

see the definition of "ROOT" in NZ
ROOT - to have sex. A warning to folk from the USA! - A female visitor from the US has this to say... My first time in NZ I made the unfortunate mistake of listing off my hobbies to a family that had me over for tea.... among my hobbies? "I like to root for the football team!" (one of the boys said, "What, the WHOLE team??")


Hee hee.. Double oops.. =)

Have a great day everyone!

Comments:
Hahahaha that is too funny! Hope Eric and Anna still root for the same team!!

ahahhahaha

looks great on the bathroom front! You are doing a marvellous job!


Girls, the halloween decorations look fabbity fab!! I love that you are the only ones doing it! Very cool and ahead of the times!

TOday my favorite pic is the bathtub one! Rub a dub dub!

xo
v
 
The masters of adaption... That pic of the girls in the tub on the deck is CLASSIC Reynolds. You gusy are brilliant.

Anna, you have to write a book or a BLOG on raising a family the "Reynolds-vation" way. I think it would be a HIT!

As far as who I'm rooting for... well, this is a family website right?

;)

Miss you guys... good luck with it all!

Ken, Robin and Mhari
 
I'm pretty sure I meant "adaptation"... ha ha.

Ken
 
Mom says -
Your Halloween decorations are SO cute (and familiar). You'd love my new ceramic open-face pumpkin with a haunted house that lights up and has 3 little scary ghosts. Everything worked out great for Gail taking the girls to the HM concert. They had a good time.
 
Classic Reynolds is right! LOVE the tub shot! Love the Reynolds!

I say three cheers for child care and for those kind souls who offer it up: "Hip Hip Hooray!" "Hip Hip Hooray!" "Hip Hip Hooray!"
 
Man life is good at the Reynolds, Ocean beach property and a hillbilly hot-tub on the back porch. Love the shots of you guys on the beach and adore the kids in the ” Hot tub” and on the beach. I sent you an e-mail of our Halloween display. I haven’t figured out how to get it on the blog so I’ll leave that to you. Hope you get the indoor plumbing finished soon. Needs to be ready for your big birthday coming up next week. Catch you later and sure do miss you all.. Sure would be nice to stop in and see you but its too darn far. Love and hugs though.
Grampa Ted
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?