Saturday, October 06, 2007

Lot of fun.. and lots of messes..

We had a huge playdate at our house yesterday with Mia all day and Lenka, Demitrije in the afternoon..
In true kid fashion they were really loud, creative and messy..
At one point I went outside to find Haidyn, Mia and Athea covered from head to toe with a sidewalk chalk and water mixture... Wish I had a pix for you but I quickly sent them in the house for a bath so we could get ready for Lenka and Demitrije who were due to arrive at any minute. (I did not want the new playdate recruits to come over and immediately join in the chalk sludgefest game).

The bath water was black and the cute girls left a hefty ring in the tub that I had to scour 2 times to get rid of (the chalk stained the porcelain a bit as well as the girls skin.. =)....

Here is the rest of the house after the playdate...
A village was assembled with the polly pocket and old and new fisher price structures.
Then there was lots of lego, tunnel obstacle courses, stuffed buddies and dress up.
heaps of art work!
Also.. a trip to the park, 3 snack times, and lunch.. what a day.. Eric says he thinks our house looks like a daycare center.. today I had to agree with him =)

Now here are the girls this morning ready for a brand new day of play..

Today though...
Eric is the one making the mess in the house..
looks like we have started a bathroom remodel.. Eric was not happy with the way the hot water pipes were run in the house... He wanted to investigate. Guess I should not have spent so much time scouring the tub yesterday. =) But isn't that always the case, the place that is just cleaned is the one spot the kids like to make messy... brand new canvas.. so to speak. =)
I sure love all my kids.. big and small...

Comments:
The girls look so sweet! Meanwhile Eric looks like something I would see on HGTV.
We're winding down for the night here. Did you know I started working? Not sure how long I will last with this job, but for now I'm still hanging in there.
Take care,
Ruth
 
Holy! That's awesome!
Gotta love your kids - all of them:)
 
"Go Eric Go! Go Eric Go!" We need to see someone else out there who is in as much pain as we are! What exactly is the plan for the bathroom, other than warm water. I can see how annoying that would be to live without. I am definitely not moving there now! ; )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?