Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pirate to Princess.. or just Pirate Princess

aRRRRRRRR

Pirate -

Today Haidyn's new school had "Pirate Dress Up" day. Haidyn has a ton of dress ups but she does not have anything that has to do with pirates. So last night we made her a costume using black construction paper, silver pen, and a white swiffer dust mop(one that had not been used ;)....

As you can see the black paper became the hat with a silver pen skull and cross bones.. and the the swiffer dust mop became the skull and cross bones sewn on one of Athea's red dresses..


To Princess..

After school the pirate transformed into the ballerina princess for her ballet lesson.

This is Haidyn's favorite "Swan Lake" pose

This is Haidyn's really good friend Lenka.

Comments:
Haidyn sure is a beautiful, sweet and multi-talented girl.You guys must be so proud of her.

We hope Athea is feeling better. She could be the model for ritz crackers she is so cute.

xo
Lisa
 
You are so friggin talented sewing that skull & crossbone, girl!.. (I'd be heading to the closest toysrus costume dept.. since I can barely sew on a button.) I was a huge ballet fan too as a girl (12 years of it before "forced retirement at the ripe old age of 17 because of a back operation).. and I love the pics of Haidyn at her class.. she looks like the perfect ballerina.
Love Ange in Vancouver
xo
 
I sure would like to be captured by that pirate. Love the pics and tell Athea to smile.

Grampa "Teddy Bear"
 
I bet Haidyn is the best looking pirate in the entire south seas. We have another 90 degree day here in Minnesota. Kids started back to school. They should be getting off the bus just about now. 4:07.
Hope Athea is feeling better and that Anna and Eric didn't catch the bug. wash wash wash. Have a good week.
Love big sis
PS. Happy belated bday Papa Reynolds.
 
Ahoy Maytees. That is one clever costume design. Cutest pirate on the coast!

As for the princess, whoa. Swan Lake definitely suits her princess sweetness
 
Athea is so cute!

You did great on Haidyn's costume! You definately thought outside the box! Love it! Handy Mommy!


Haidyn, you are so beautiful and so graceful looking! I love your swan lake pose, it might just be my favorite too!

I'm so happy you are getting on well at your new school and that you still have good friends like Lenka!

All my love
vashti
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?