Sunday, August 26, 2007

Food Hangover!

We are in dinner payback mode.
Since we have been in NZ we have been to many fabulous dinners at friend's houses, but have been really terrible about hosting our own dinner parties.

So now that we are finally settled a little bit, we are actually getting friends over.

Last night we finally had our good friends; Nicola, Ian, Emily and Juliette over. We had grilled steak, jacket (baked) potatoes with all the fixings and an assortment of veg.
Eric made 2 apple pies that we shelved because, Nicola brought over fixings for banana splits, a really nice pear crumble, a yummy selection of cheese and fantastic Wooing Tree wine.

Sooooo much fun and sooooooo much food.. Eric and I could hardly sleep due to the food consumption and this morning we can not even think about eating breakfast.
The girls played really well together. They are just such good friends! We are lucky!
Haidyn is feeling much better! Here are some photos of the sweeties playing dress ups.
Nicola and I both noticed how big our older girls are getting. The dress-ups that they used to swim in are now fitting and some are even snug.
Athea ballerina and Juliette the beautiful princess bride (Vashti does this costume look familiar??)
Haidyn Doggy and Emily Kitty

Comments:
Looks like you guys are all having so much fun!

I totally recognize the bridal wear! Wish you guys were here or we were there and had a meeting of the pink and fluffy sort! My girls have lots of dress ups that I'm sure your girls would LOVE!

Glad you are doing some grown up stuff. At some point Michael and I will have grown up enough to have adults over!!

haha love you all
v
 
Does that mean we were meant to act grown up?

Eric and Anna you do THE best LONG dinners. And then send us off with Eric's AMAIZING Apple Pie...mmmmmmmmm I could dream about Apple Pie that tastes that good! Thank you!!!!!

We love you too and we sure are glad to have you this side of the planet!!
love Nic x
 
Anna I am shocked that Vashti's wedding dress was given to the girls to play with. I nearly lost my life (and quite painfully) when I stepped on the train of that dress!
The girls are beautiful and I do check you blog to see how you all are doing.
hope to see you again.
Vashti's mama
 
Yum yum!!! The dinner sounded so good. Donna and I picked up some steaks at Costco and I grilled them. Donna made garlic mashed potatoes and a salad with fresh tomatoes from our garden. The only thing missing was Eric’s apple pie and you guys.
Haidyn looks better sure hope she feels better. The girls sure do love to dress up, they look great.

XX/OO


Dad and Mom
 
Good thing Haidyn had a weekend to get better. Sounded like a crazy phone number mix up.
PS. I like the dining table turned the way it is.
Love Gail
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?