Monday, July 30, 2007

Meet our new addition to the family...

This is Puma Kitty Reynolds...
Born March 1 2007


We adopted him from the SPCA yesterday.
A puma, we all know, is another name for the mountain lion, or cougar. But it also means "be grey, whitish" in Maori... so we all decided that it would be a good name.
(It is also the name of the snowmobile that my parents had when I was little.)

Puma is fitting in really well with his new friends Athea "Cheetah Cowboy Kitty" and Haidyn "Black Kitty".
"Cheetah Cowboy Kitty" loves to carry poor Puma around the house and has been relentlessly stalking him since he arrived. Puma Kitty has been really good about it and we have not had a "real scatching" incident yet (but at the rate Athea is going it is bound to happen=).
"Black Kitty" is a little more laid back, she just likes to pet Puma and watch him play with yarn. In fact, Haidyn has been really good at trying to remain calm to help our new kitty get comfortable in his new house. She constantly reports that she has not been scratched yet.
I know what you are thinking...
We are crazy... well, maybe... but so far so good. =)

Puma also represents another male in the house. To kind of balance things out. But since every toy and doll in this house has alway been female, we are having a real hard time using male pronouns with him. As Athea will say, "She's a boy!". And since he's fixed, it doesn't really matter.

Comments:
A real live kitty cat! The girls must be thrilled. I am sure he will be well loved.
Ange in Vancouver
 
Wow, it's a kitty festival around Reynolzville!
That's soooooo awesome (and he is geeeeeeorgeous.

I have to love the kitty girlies the best though. They are the sweetest kitties in the WORLD
 
Oh gosh. Anna and a cat. I know how much you love real cats... He is a cute kitty. I like the Cowboy one and black kitty the best. Get real purrrrr'd and pet some fur. Then go ahead and scoop some poop. He will keep those mouses away. Hurray hurray for Puma today. Take care, love the new kitty.
Gail.
 
When can we meet him???!!!! He is adorable. Here's to a balanced hormone/testosterone level at the Reynolds house from now on.
 
I knew when I saw you looking at the cat book on the coffee table it was all over! Welcome to the world of owning a cat. Get him some veal baby food..... he'll love it!

Love,
Barby
 
judging from the size of the kitties paws...Athea could be in trouble very very soon!!
We have a cat like that also, one that seems to know that there is no harm intended and so therefore goes back time and time again for the action!!
Your girl kitties are too cute for words Anna and Eric.
(once again I am cruisin the blogs)
hope you don't mind
Vashti's Mama
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?