Monday, May 07, 2007
Awesome Monday Evening!

So tonight the girls and I were given a rare wonderful treat!
Eric called home at about 5:30 and said that he would be leaving work early to come home and on the way he would be picking up some meat for the BBQ..
WOW!
It was soooo nice! We had dinner grilled and ready by 6:05. We ate dinner together and everyone was happy. (not the usual quick eat it because it is bed time and we are all tired routine that we usually have)
by 6:45 the girls were in the bath and almost ready for PJs..
By 7:15 the girls were brushing their teeth and heading to bed..
It was bliss! Now it is 8:42pm the girls are sleeping, the laundry is folded and I am enjoying a nice cold beer!
I am telling you it was a WONDERFUL evening!!!
Eric just looked over and laughed.... and said.. "I am probably going to have to work pretty late tomorrow" *sigh* I will enjoy this while it lasts.
Comments:
<< Home
Nice... I'm sure you both deserve it. So what did Reynolds cook up? Some native Kiwi grub... lamb?
We miss you guys... hopefully we'll be able to come over and see you in Vancouver.
Luv
Ken, Robin and Mhari
We miss you guys... hopefully we'll be able to come over and see you in Vancouver.
Luv
Ken, Robin and Mhari
"Put another log on the fire and cook me up some bacon and a pot of beans" Sounds like the good old country song and how nice to to enjoy a good old fashioned cook out.
Can't wait until you guys get here so we can do it.
Grampa Ted
Can't wait until you guys get here so we can do it.
Grampa Ted
wait a minute Dad.. I hope our life does not sound like THAT country song..
here is the rest..
GO out to the car and jack it up and change the tire.. wash my socks and sew my ol blue jeans... come on baby. you can fill my pipe and then go fetch my slippers.. and boil me up another pot of tea.. put another log on the fire babe.. and COME AND TELL ME WHY YOU ARE LEAVING ME...
hahaha.. you did not think I knew the whole song did ya.. I could go on and on.. my oh my the things kids pick up from their parents =)
(and why would I leave we got our central heat hee hee =)
I SURE DO LOVE YOU!! and CAN NOT wait to have a cook out with grilled hamburgers, US hot dogs, potato salad and k bars! YUM YUM
here is the rest..
GO out to the car and jack it up and change the tire.. wash my socks and sew my ol blue jeans... come on baby. you can fill my pipe and then go fetch my slippers.. and boil me up another pot of tea.. put another log on the fire babe.. and COME AND TELL ME WHY YOU ARE LEAVING ME...
hahaha.. you did not think I knew the whole song did ya.. I could go on and on.. my oh my the things kids pick up from their parents =)
(and why would I leave we got our central heat hee hee =)
I SURE DO LOVE YOU!! and CAN NOT wait to have a cook out with grilled hamburgers, US hot dogs, potato salad and k bars! YUM YUM
Eric, you rock! What a wonderful treat for Anna and the girls! I am so envious. Me and my boys eat without Daddy and then Daddy eats alone late....It is the little things that mean so much, like eating TOGETHER!
Eric looks so handsome, like Greg Kinear...Anna you are a lucky woman.
xo
Lisa
Eric looks so handsome, like Greg Kinear...Anna you are a lucky woman.
xo
Lisa
Awww look at ole man reynolds trying to score some points because I knew he was lying about the bunny coffee!!
hahahah I bet it was the best dinner ever, glad you all got to enjoy dinner as a family! the kids in bed by 8;30 too.. ahhh a little slice of heaven!
hahahah I bet it was the best dinner ever, glad you all got to enjoy dinner as a family! the kids in bed by 8;30 too.. ahhh a little slice of heaven!
Anna, you are right, your family isn't like the whole song, but I do like the idea of having a fire and putting another log on it. Hurry up and get here.
luv yah
Dad
luv yah
Dad
Now thats a song from my party days! Just happened to stop by tonight to ketchup on the latest gosip. Hi to Everyone n hope to see some of you at Fr Marks
Sounds like it was a nice evening. I guess when your Sunset is at 5:20 PM it is easier to get the kids to bed earlier. I'm having a harder time here, since the Sun sets so late here these days. Not what I'm used to from California. I kinda feel bad putting Jared & Zachary to bed when the sun is still out.
Gail says... I take a break from looking at the blog for a few days and what a surprise. Love the shades Anna. (Note, this was something her and I were going to do in our visit... but I guess with 4 extra kids in the house, it just didn't happen). As for the mess Athea made while you were sewing curtains. Hmmm, that is how I remember it looking everyday while we had 5 little girls and 1 boy running around. I'm glad that Eric was able to come home for a early dinner. Nice. We just started baseball season and we are wrapping up dance. So, we have something going on every night of the week until June. Kids have the spring fever.. It is hard to get them to bed at 8:00 when the sun is shining bright. Typically they are getting out of bed about 6 times before finally sleeping by 9:30. (OK, just Erin is that bad). Love the central heat. Thinking we may need the central air by Thurs. 86 and humid is the forcast. I love spring in MN, but lets keep it spring, not jump right to mid July. PS. Miss you. TTYL
Post a Comment
<< Home

