Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lets go surfing now everybody is learning how...

In a city where the ocean surrounds 3 sides, there is bound to be waves somewhere. The only problem is, the beginners have to wait until the waves show up at the all sand beach. Not the beaches with massive rocks, undertows and strong currents.
Surf was up on Monday and the sun was shining. Lets go. But first to rent the wet suit and boogie board cost more than it did to buy them on clearance at the Warehouse. 5.00 later for a boogie board and 20.00 for a wetsuit we were ready. I didn't fit into the wetsuit with my long long Willenbring back, so I had to return mine. But no time to run back to the store, the surf was waiting. So I just stood in the cold water as rescue while Anna was on the beach building sand castles with the 4 little girls.
In order to take surfing lessons, the kids need to be certified swimmers. The waves were to dangerous for kids to be out above their waist.
Matt and Dani are born to boogie. They had a great time. The water was very cold, but they didn't seem to mind, just cold toes. We will have to go again before we come home. Dani was so excited to find a dolphin boogie board. I only had to play rescue twice. Dani didn't really like the taste of salt water, so I told her to keep her mouth closed. I can't mum, I'm so excited.

Here are some pictures.






Tuesday 4/10, dad's birthday... Anna had to take both Haidyn and Athea to the doctor in the morning. They are both on antibiotics and starting to feel better. Then Matt and Dani both had Circus class at Capital E. This is where they are spending their week learning Circus stunts, Big movie sound and Celebrity TV sound. Circus is kind of like gymnastics. They are learning the unicycle, trapeze, hoops and juggling. For the Big screen sound, they learned how they use the computer to add thier own sound to the movie Chicken run. With celebrity TV, they will produce a TV show. Holiday classes.
http://www.capitale.org.nz/


Then we went chasing the sunset and saw a rescue helecopter. We found out later it was picking up barrels of water to put out a fire in the hills. The sunset picture is of the South Island. This is as close as we will go to see it this time. The cost for 8 people to travel by Ferry is over $1,000. Same to fly. So maybe next time when the girls are older.
FYI - I also got to drive home. Crazy it was dark.

Comments:
wow.. wow... WOW... New Zealand sounds like such a fun place to be!

Anna, Eric, Haidyn and Athea are the best hosts EVER!!

Gail, your clan sound like the best house guests ever...

the circus training sounds brilliant!
 
Oh my what fun for Matt, Dani, Faith and Erin. You have a life time of memories and experiences in your New Zealand trip. This has to be a dream come true for all of you. Haidyn and Athea will always remember their cousins and of course, how nice to have two sisters able to get together. Eric you must be proud of these guys. I know I am

Love Ted
 
Whoo-hoo Gail! Kudos to you for 1) driving and 2) at night!!! It took me 3 weeks here observing before I would get behind the wheel. You go girl.

The surfing/boogeyboarding adventure looks great and your camping trip sounds like so much fun!

You sisters know how to rock a vacation.

xoxox
Lisa
 
Isn't it crazy driving on the opposite side of the car/road? First of all, it's hard to judge how much room you have, then you try not to scare you and your passenger to death when oncoming traffic comes at you on their side
Super Cool though!!!

XXOO - Barby
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?