Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Advent Day # 6 - Date Night


So we finally had our date night. It has been a few weeks. Anna always had the plan today to use date night for the day 6 advent calendar theme. So she spent a good part of the day scouring the internet looking for a poem about date night. I thought maybe that wasn't something most poets would write about. But I was wrong. Check it out!

Date Night

Date Night, Date Night,
It's something you should do.
Just take your honey on the town,
and have a drink or two.
Then follow that with a nice good meal.
at a trendy downtown spot.
Oh look!, it's getting so very late.
Let's head for the parking lot.
ATM stop for sitter money, then drive back home again.
Pay the sitter, check on the kids.
Yay! We're in bed by 10:00.

-by ???

Comments:
Oh Anna you are so clever. Oh Eric you are so lucky! Oh date night... ahhhh wouldn't that be nice... in the new year we are going to have to get us one of them "sitter" things you speak of!! haha much love and jealousy xo vashti

how jolly, my word verification was pkuxelf
 
You wrote that, didn't you?:)
I LOVE date night...
Great to see two consenting adults getting in a little sushi time.
 
in my camp 10 oclock is a very late night!!
Old people sleep a lot!
Anna and Eric you both look great and so happy.
I get up every day to see what the next picture on the Advent calendar might be! (ok old people have no life either)
I love the poems!
ttfn
gummaluvvy
 
I didn't write any of the Dec 6 Post.. =) It was all Eric my friends.. he is the clever one.. (even though I had to change right to write.. =)
He is soo good in fact that I think he should post the blog for our family more often.. =)
- xo Anna
 
And then there is your mom, Anna. If I could get her to leave the confines of her home we too could go out on a date but now we are just in bed at 10:00.

P. S. You both are very good at writing and we sure do love the daily blog so whoever does it, just do it
 
That's a nice picture of the two of you. One of these days, I would love to read your post in real time. I always seem to read it way after the fact when it is already the next day for you. I just checked and it is already 24 hours since your original post. Oh my. I hope you had a nice Thursday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?