Monday, December 04, 2006
Advent Day # 4 - For Lucia
Christmas Without our Best DogThe tree is all trimmed.
The gifts are all wrapped.
The hymns are all sung,
And the travel plans mapped.
And still there's a sadness
That lies in your heart,
For a dog that was lost
And a love now apart.
A stocking is missing,
With toys and a treat.
A lap is now empty, A space at your feet.
Yet remember this season
God's gift to you
Such wonderful memories
To treasure life through.
-Unknown
Comments:
<< Home
what a fun idea... what in the heck is that white stuff... rumour has it that summer strikes in less than three weeks in your neckada woods!
loooove ya
v
loooove ya
v
When the door opened this morning Haidyn said with total excitment "Hooray Lucia! That is a GREAT door, my favorite number is 4.. because it has Lucia.. She's my best dog and I love her!"
If you do not know, Lucia was Aunty Chris's beautiful dog.. The picture is from last Christmas in Montana. Lucia lives on in Haidyn's heart and mind and is talked about and remembered all the time in our family. Throwing snowballs with Lucia is one of our favorite christmas memories!
If you do not know, Lucia was Aunty Chris's beautiful dog.. The picture is from last Christmas in Montana. Lucia lives on in Haidyn's heart and mind and is talked about and remembered all the time in our family. Throwing snowballs with Lucia is one of our favorite christmas memories!
anna-
here, here and kudos on finding that poem. it made me cry thinking of my childhood dog margo and no doubt you'll touch many more a heart 'round the world this christmas season.
lisa
here, here and kudos on finding that poem. it made me cry thinking of my childhood dog margo and no doubt you'll touch many more a heart 'round the world this christmas season.
lisa
I have memories of Lucia too - Flasher,ND, at Uncle Bob's B'day party when Chris & Jim had to go back to the campground to check on her. Dad even remembers they had dogs in Pierz (although his Mom never allowed them in the house). Our dogs lived in the house. Going back thru the years - BoZo, Pat (my babysitter), Chub, Rusty, Penny, Tater Bug, Tody Jo, Tigger, Jenny & Nicki. Remember Jenny & Nicki cleaning out my goulash pan?? Jenny waited until I came down stairs that morning she died & waited to say goodbye & wag her tail. I said "It's OK to go". I keep a Beanie bag dog in her place.
Those "good old dogs" a remarkable gift to be loved and cherished. But I can't relate to your Aunty Barbara who had her poodle's picture taken by Pixie Pinup-and bought $400 worth of pictures because she couldn't bear the thought of one of her dog's pictures being thrown away -Mom
Those "good old dogs" a remarkable gift to be loved and cherished. But I can't relate to your Aunty Barbara who had her poodle's picture taken by Pixie Pinup-and bought $400 worth of pictures because she couldn't bear the thought of one of her dog's pictures being thrown away -Mom
Anna, your mom has a fantastic memory. I can't remember any details like she can. Especially anything that I did wrong. (Not that I ever did anything wrong.)
Post a Comment
<< Home

