Monday, December 18, 2006
Advent Day # 18 - School Christmas Program....Outside!
This evening was Haidyn's School Christmas program. The kids sat outside and sang a few Christmas songs. We (the parents and siblings) all sat around on the grass in the warm late afternoon sunshine and sang along. Pretty laid back.They did alot of the traditional songs we all know up in the Northern hemisphere,..."We Wish You a Merry Christmas", "Away in the Manger". "Jingle Bells",..etc.
Plus a few for the Southern Hemisphere. Here is one of Haidyn's favorites
Haidyn is the kid in a Santa Hat to the right in front (not facing the camera....but you get the idea..)
CHRISTMAS ON THE BEACH
(chorus)
Christmas on the beach.
Christmas on the beach.
Pack your picnic hamper up,
We're gonna have a feast
Underneath the huge
Pohutukawa tree.
Christmas on the beach.
We don't want no reindeer
We don't want no sleigh.
We just want some sunshine
And a good old holiday.
We don't want to suffocate
In our shoes and socks.
We don't want to sit around the box.
(chorus)
Comments:
<< Home
hahaha that song is great! love their little accents too! Have your girls picked up one or is it more of a combo?
As usual the girls look gorgeous! Love the glimpse of NZ festivities!
As usual the girls look gorgeous! Love the glimpse of NZ festivities!
What? Did I see Haidyn in jeans? Perhaps it just looked so. She would surely be cute in them. Thanks for sharing the song and your life with us. We love you so. Grandma Jo
This is totally awesome, I just love the “Christmas on the beach” I would just love to be sitting on the beach with your family and enjoying the Christmas songs. Saturday nite my niece Ruth , Jose and their four boys had stopped over after a day of shopping and watching the nightly “Holidazel parade in downtown Minneapolis . A few of the neighbor’s carolers came by and sang some Christmas carols out by our front door. Our temperature was in the forties which is about 20 degrees above normal but still a little chilly so they had a chance to enjoy the carolers with us.
love the little slice of kiwi life anna. those pohutukawa trees are somethin' else, huh? it looks like a sweet little celebration.
lisa
lisa
I really liked that Christmas Song video. I only wish it lasted longer to hear the whole song!
I'm curious, what is the weather temp in NZ now compared to MN?
Despite the long flight, I would love to travel and see your part of the World. Only a week to go until Christmas, can you believe it! We are not even done Christmas shopping yet. Oh by the way, I liked the Advent calendar you sent your parents! Let me know when is a good time of day that we can chat on msn messenger again.
Post a Comment
I'm curious, what is the weather temp in NZ now compared to MN?
Despite the long flight, I would love to travel and see your part of the World. Only a week to go until Christmas, can you believe it! We are not even done Christmas shopping yet. Oh by the way, I liked the Advent calendar you sent your parents! Let me know when is a good time of day that we can chat on msn messenger again.
<< Home

