Friday, November 17, 2006

I can't live with them.. I can't live without them...


ARGHHHHH............. BEGIN - MS RANT
MS just sucks sometimes..
I am usually a big fan of the Corporate PC monster that is MS.. (I know, some of you might think that might be my first problem)

Not today... here is the deal.....

I am using an old version of MS Office. MS Office 97 to be exact.
It has been working just fine so I figured why spend 400 bucks and upgrade...
Well...
The other day I got a message from MS that a newer version of Windows Explorer was available so I should update. "O.K.", I thought, that works. I can update my Windows Explorer..... so I clicked the "sure why not" button...

Well right after I downloaded the new version of MS explorer I went to open a MS Word 97 document that I have been working on for Haidyn's school. All of a sudden my MS WORD 97 program does not want to launch. I then get a dialogue box that pops up where I am asked to send the error report message to MS.

I do.. and MS tells me that I have an outdated, no longer supported, version of MS Office running so I need to upgrade. hmmmm coincidence??

The super sucky think is that if I did upgrade now I would have to buy MS Office 2003 and guess what..... MS Office 2007 comes out in the new year... so do they want me to buy it 2 times??.. pretty clever on their part don't you think??

The super super sucky thing is that of course I have promised to get this MS Word 97 document finished and out by today..

ohhhh well I guess my excuse will have to be.. I am having MS technical difficulties..

Luckily I can still use Eric's PC.. his MS Office 97 still launches. He has not downloaded the new version of MS Explorer...

END - MS Rant.. GOTO - Have a great day!

Comments:
Of course, you know "I" understand exactly how you feel. Your mother-in-law.
 
Anna, have you tried to go back and restore your computer to the date before you updated your computer? I'm not sure if it is possible or will work for you, but it has helped us out alot.
 
Hey Anna,

It was great to read all of your blogs! Say hi to Eric and hug the girls from the Moe's in Minnesota.
 
Even in your so called "rant" you are still sweet and polite! Glad you have Eric's pc to rely on! That'd be a shame for all the extra stuff you do for Haidyn's school to be lost.. boo... glad its all going to work out! My Mom has left so we are all a little bummed around here
 
Say it with me, "M-A-C"
:)

I had the same thing happen to me the other day when I upgraded IPhoto. Uh, what? How does that effect my Word docs? As it turns out, upgrading is tricky business unless you plan on buying an entirely new computer:(

I'm with ya, hope it goes well.
 
It's all greek to me. I'm lucky that I can get this blog up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?