Monday, November 20, 2006
Happy Birthday Kate!
OK OK so there seems to be a ton of birthday Blogs.. it must be the season for birthdays..Anyway.. I just wanted to send out a big birthday greeting to my friend Kate Wren Scott!
Now here is the deal... I am married to Mr Eric C Reynolds. He is a computer animator..
All the folks that I know who read this blog already know him.. but for those who do not.. he is a really sweet guy.
When I met the guy many moons ago, he was not animating.. (well eventually he was Anna Mating.. hee hee =) that is the beers I had earlier talking =)
ahhh where was I?? oh yeah...
Getting back to the career that my dear sweet hubby has chosen.. He absolulty loves it!.. Which is Fantastic! I mean how many people really LOVE their jobs??
The big draw back is, that his line of work requires that he spends many many many++ hours at work and not at home. (which pretty much sucks for the person at home and super sucks when you add kids into the mix =)
Now, I bring this up because... I am not the only one in this situation....
In fact, they have a term for us "significant others" at home out here in NZ. We are called the Weta Widows. (Weta is the company where Eric works..)
It is not just Weta that makes widows.. all the sig others at home become widows to the filming/gaming industry at some point.
Again... I bring this up because I have met some REALLY awesome ladies that are stuck being animating widows. (yes the widows are usually ladies.. sadly the computer animation field is dominated by men..)
Anyway.. Kate the birthday girl.. is one of these fabulous film/game industry widows that I have been lucky to meet.
Kate is in LA now dealing with being a animation "widow".. because her partner is busy putting in heaps of hours animating for SONY at the moment.
It is her birthday and I have 3 birthday wishes for her..
1) That she gets to celebrate her birthday with her whole family together. (hubby and kids)
2) That she gets to celebrate her birthday with just her hubby (sans kids)
3) That she gets to celebrate her birthday on her own time. (sans hubby and kids!)
Happy Birthday Kate!
Comments:
<< Home
Hey Honey - This is Mom talking.
Ever been married to an insurance salesman who has to be gone from home in the evening (cause that's when his prospective clients are home). Or when he worked for Musicland and had to solve all the problems. (They even put a pull by number thing outside his door - like Target waiting in line) Then he worked till 8-9 pm to get his work done. The social life was zilch shit. Thank goodness I had the kids to keep me company - sigh
Ever been married to an insurance salesman who has to be gone from home in the evening (cause that's when his prospective clients are home). Or when he worked for Musicland and had to solve all the problems. (They even put a pull by number thing outside his door - like Target waiting in line) Then he worked till 8-9 pm to get his work done. The social life was zilch shit. Thank goodness I had the kids to keep me company - sigh
Funny, Kenny works at home and we have no social life, I never see him, and he's always "at work". Guess the whole "have your cake and eat it too" thing just isn't to be
Post a Comment
<< Home

