Monday, October 30, 2006
Happy Birthday to ME!

WOW!!Oh my gosh!!
Eric made me a super dooper surprise pan of "K Bars" with candles in it and everything.
For those who do not know "K" Bars" is a special treat that my Mom makes and I devour..
Eric secrectly obtained the recipe from my Mom, and last night after I went to bed Eric got to busy in the kitchen..
Well the verdict.... CHOMP CHOMP...
We all agreed that the NZ "K Bar"version, even though it looked super yummy!!, well......, it just did not work..
We are calling this version "Nay Bars"..
All I can say is "Send butterscotch chips! and white corn syrup!" They do not sell 2 of the key ingrediants here in New Zealand. Eric had to make do with what we have here so he substituted these ingrediants with Maple syrup and white chocolate.. hmmm.. sounds like it should be delicious.. =)
It was a really really nice attempt on his part though!! I sure do love him!
oh... My mom and dad are having a party/gathering with all my family at their house today. My mom is making the thick COSTCO pork chops, potato salad and they will probably have the real "K Bar". YUM YUM.
I will call in using the web cam at 10:00am my time/3:00pm their time so I can "virtually" join the festivities.. Can't wait to see everyone!
oh and by the way...
The package from my parents that I mentioned in an earlier Blog.. I opened it today, and I got a really great shirt! a cheese grator, and coffee filters (they do not sell the kind I need here in NZ)..pretty great gift if I do say so myself!!
Eric and the girls bought me a cool gift of a ton of acrylic paints and canvases..
I sure am lucky!
Oh oh oh.. (read excited) Athea starts pre-school today, she will go 2 mornings a week. This morning we will have a visit and get aquainted day. "She is excited to play in the sand pit.." more on that to come.. Gotta go and help get her ready for the day!
Busy Busy Busy!
Comments:
<< Home
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANNA,
WE SURE DO LOVE YOU!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ANNA,
WE SURE DO LOVE YOU!!!!
Happy Birthday Anna! Am I right, are you 36 today??? I had to stop for a second and do the math. It sounds like I am going to have to work out a time to go visit your parents. I want some "K" Bars! :-)
Cousin Ruth
Cousin Ruth
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA-BANANA!
We are all so lucky to have you as a neighbor and especially as a friend. You are the most generous, thoughtful, sensetive and helpful person we have ever known. You always seem to put your family & friends before yourself, but are wise enough to take some time for your own needs. Well done.
We have written you a birthday haiku in honor of, well, YOU!
Oh Anna the great
of loving heart & brilliance
An inspiration to us!
We are all so lucky to have you as a neighbor and especially as a friend. You are the most generous, thoughtful, sensetive and helpful person we have ever known. You always seem to put your family & friends before yourself, but are wise enough to take some time for your own needs. Well done.
We have written you a birthday haiku in honor of, well, YOU!
Oh Anna the great
of loving heart & brilliance
An inspiration to us!
Happy Birthday woman! Missing you...and how sweet that your family did the internet cam birthday all for you...
Lots of Love from The Rhiversons!!!
Lots of Love from The Rhiversons!!!
well, i'll tell you who DID love the "ney" bars...ATHEA!!! chocolate and peanut butter. two of her favorite things. so she can finish the pan i guess.
-ol man reynolds
-ol man reynolds
holy crap i am going to haiku jail!
5, 7, 5 damnit! not 5, 7, 7. jakers i'm spacey. well, the thought is waht counts, right?
hope you had a great date with yur man tonight, it looks like you had a wonderful day too. you deserve it anna.
lisa
5, 7, 5 damnit! not 5, 7, 7. jakers i'm spacey. well, the thought is waht counts, right?
hope you had a great date with yur man tonight, it looks like you had a wonderful day too. you deserve it anna.
lisa
Oh Lisa I did notice the horrid wrongness of your haiku.. Glaringly obvious to us 'learned' people of the North....actually none of this is true, and it actually brought a tear to my eye as I read it. Right or wrong it is a testament to a wonderful friendship.
ttfn
gumma of many girls
Post a Comment
ttfn
gumma of many girls
<< Home

